Bradenton Area Activities That Won’t Break the Bank
Your child’s winter break is almost here! What will you do during their vacation? There are plenty of fun activities in the Bradenton area that are completely free so there’s no need to break the bank.
- If the weather allows, you can always head to the beach! Luckily the temperatures seem to be back on the rise, so a beach day is a fun way to spend a winter day. We have some beauties in our area too. Between Anna Maria Beach, Bradenton Beach, and Siesta Key, you’re bound to have a perfect beach day somewhere.
- Robinson’s Preserve is a great place to take kids for a beautiful walk in nature; they can even ride their bikes or scooters too. It’s the perfect place for them to expend some energy for a few hours.
- Emerson Preserve is another beauty. There are also some beachy areas there to explore. It’s a great place to sit and watch the boats go by too.
- For days that aren’t the best to be outside, we have a few area library branches in our area. Whether you stop in to join a story time, a craft activity or just to pick out a good book, they’re sure to have something fun for your little ones. Visit them online for their hours and activity schedule.
- Swinging or climbing a jungle gym is always a great source of fun. We have so many to choose from such as: Anna Maria Bayfront Park, Bennett Park, Blackstone Park, Braden River Park, Buffalo Creek Park, Bunker Hill Park, Coquina Gulfside Park , Crane Park, East Bradenton Park, Greenbrook Park, G.T. Bray Park, Lakewood Ranch Park, and Lincoln Park to name a few. See a complete list of Manatee County Parks here.
- Bradenton’s Riverwalk has many different child friendly activities. Play a quick game of volleyball, try your luck in the skate park, (weather permitting) there’s a splash pad and play ground. You can also bring a rod and go fishing on the waterfront.