COVID-19 Cases are on the Rise in Florida
Over the past week, we have seen Covid-19 cases on the rise in Florida. This is happening as restaurants, parks, gyms, salons, and summer camps are opening. Now that Florida is back open for business, we must continue to be more diligent at being safe.
What Does This Mean?
We must stay diligent with hand washing, social distancing, and wearing face coverings including children over the age of two. It has been shown that when 2 people wear a face covering, there is greater protection than when only one, or no one is wearing one. Many parents are left with no choice but to go back to work, so this means that children are going back to daycare or camp. Keep in mind that if you or your child begin to exhibit symptoms or have a fever, it’s important to stay home, and get in touch with a doctor or your child’s pediatrician.
What You Can Do Right Now
Even though COVID-19 cases are on the rise, it is still summer. Many people are choosing not to travel this summer, or are choosing to alter their travel plans. But if you do choose to travel, consider some safety precautions before traveling.
- Check with the hotel to see what their sanitization methods are between guests
- Whether traveling by car or by plane, bring wipes and wipe down surface areas before seating
- Bring wipes and gloves for gas stations and rest stops
- Always maintain social distance with people who are not in your family
- Wash your hands often, and for 20 seconds with warm soapy water
- Try to travel away from hotspots
All of us at West Coast Pediatrics hope that you and your families have a safe and healthier summer!