Know the Three C’s and Avoid Them
It’s important to know the Three C’s and to avoid them when possible. That, combined with other preventative measures can help to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The Three C’s
Avoid closed spaces, especially closed spaces with poor ventilation. Limit indoor activities that aren’t in your home. Closed spaces can easily be avoided by ordering take out, by ordering ahead and doing curbside pickup when ordering groceries.
Avoid crowded spaces with many people. This can include amusement parks, beaches, even family gatherings or parties. Right now, it’s important to limit exposure to activities that include more than 10 people.
Close Contact Settings
Close contact settings would be situations that involve close range conversations. These should be avoided, especially if no one is wearing a mask or keeping a social distance.
While avoiding the Three C’s is important, it is also important to remember other healthy habits to keep us all safe. These include:
- Practicing social distancing when able
- Washing hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water
- When handwashing isn’t an option, use hand sanitizer
- Wearing a face mask or face covering for everyone over the age of two
- Disinfecting surfaces that are highly touched often
- Staying home if you are sick, or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who is sick